I learned that the trick to getting the lox to stick to the cream cheese is using only half a slice. But don’t worry, if you use too much fish, you can simply pinch off the excess with your fingers.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped, plus additional sprigs for garnish
- 12 ounces lox, sliced thin
- 20 to 30 lollipop sticks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Everything bagel seasoning or poppy seeds, for garnish
- In a bowl, fold together the softened cream cheese with ½ cup chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a teaspoon spoon to create rounded cream cheese balls. Place on baking sheet coated with aluminum foil, and refrigerate for fifteen minutes to allow cream cheese balls to firm up.
- Wrap a thin slice of the salmon around each ball and insert a lollipop stick in the top. Repeat until all balls are wrapped with salmon.
- Garnish edges with poppy seeds and/or additional dill. Serve