I love breakfast. I love eggs. There are so many reasons to love these little quiche. (A) They’re low calorie and individually portioned. (B) Eggs = protein = energy (and, hello, I have a newborn baby and a toddler). (C) Cheese.
Mini Wonton Quiche: an easy breakfast or lunch recipe that's good for you! Less than 100 calories per quiche!
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 4 turkey breakfast sausage links (about 125g), casings removed
- ¼ cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I use part skim mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick spray. Line each cup with 1 wonton wrapper (press wrapper to the sides of the pan, as high up as possible).
- In a medium pan, scramble fry breakfast sausage. Turn off heat and stir in spinach, red pepper and green onion. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and salt. Stir in cheese (or reserve and sprinkle on top).
- Spoon egg mixture into wonton cups (I got about ⅛ cup filling in each wrapper). Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are fully set.