Throw wholesome ingredients together on one baking pan, bake, and ta-dah! Out comes an amazing healthy dinner, full of flavor that literally took minutes to make. Dinner doesn’t get better than that! Amazing contrast of the spicy, savory sausage and the sweet, mild winter squash. And don’t forget that fresh sage – It really takes the flavor up a few notches!
- 1 lb rope sausage
- 1 winter squash (acorn, kabocha, delicata, etc.), halved ,seeded and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 red onion, cut in half and sliced in thick ½ inch slices
- 2-3 tablespoons oil/fat of choice (I use avocado oil)
- 5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Optional: Grated Romano or Parmesan cheese (omit for dairy-free or Whole 30)
- Optional: Toppings: sliced green onion or parsley
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Put the squash and onion slices on the pan.
- Pour your oil/fat over the vegetables and toss around until coated.
- Season with salt and pepper and add your sage leaves.
- Add sausages to the pan. Roast for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Turn on the broiler and sprinkle Romano cheese all over. Broil for 3 minutes or until cheese and sausages are nice and browned. Top with green onions, if desired. Enjoy!