Oreo cheesecake cookies with hidden mini chocolate chips and encrusted with Oreo cookie crumbs.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature) ? Tasty tip
- 3 ozs cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup OREO® Cookies (crushed, it took about roughly 10 Oreo cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- In a food processor, crush the Oreo cookies until they're fine crumbs. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth and well combined.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat until well incorporated.
- Gently mix in the flour and stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop, scoop the dough and put it in your hands to roll it into a ball. Roll the ball in the Oreo crumbs and cover the dough well.
- Place on cookie sheet and repeat until all the dough has been used up.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, possible 20 min.
- Remove from oven when you see that the edges are getting browned. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.