Make these easy Chicken Salad Mason Jar Salads for make-ahead lunches during the week! With grapes, apple, toasted pecans, and a creamy no mayo poppy seed dressing, these healthy salads are sure to become a favorite!
For the salads:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken half breasts (about ¾ pound)
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce, chopped*
- ½ cup pecans, toasted
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- salt and pepper
Cook the chicken:
- Heat a medium or large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned on one side, 2-3 minutes. Flip chicken and brown on second side, about 2 minutes. Pour in water so that it reaches halfway up the sides of the chicken; cover skillet with lid. Continue cooking chicken until it is cooked through (it should read 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer). Remove chicken to a plate to cool.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients. Taste and add a bit more honey (1/2 teaspoon) if desired. Divide dressing evenly between four 16-ounce mason jars.
- Toss the apple pieces with 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- Once the chicken is cooled, chop it into bite-sized pieces.
- Divide the remaining salad ingredients between the four mason jars, in this order: celery, chicken, apple, grapes, lettuce, pecans. Seal jars with lids and refrigerate. When you're ready to eat your salad, shake it up in the jar to mix in the dressing, pour into a bowl or plate, and enjoy!
- Salads will last for 3 days in the refrigerator.
*If you want more lettuce in each salad, use 32 ounce mason jars.