These treats are baked — not fried — so you don’t have to feel so bad about enjoying one (or two!). Let me know what you think!
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp Matcha green tea powder
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp of white vinegar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Matcha green tea powder
- 2-3 tbsp hot water
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and Matcha powder together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients (coconut oil,milk, egg, white vinegar, and vanilla). Then combine the wet mixture with the dry mixture and stir until it’s blended. Be careful not to over mix!
- Now put the batter into a piping bag and squeeze it into a donut pan (found at kitchen supply stores).Pipe each donut about ¾ of the way full and bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes. After its done baking let it cool completely on cooling rack while working on the glaze.
- Mix together the powdered sugar, Matcha powder and hot water in a bowl. Look for a thick consistency. If it’s too thin then simply add a little more powdered sugar.When the donuts are completely cooled, dip the molded, round bottom side into the glaze, place it on a cooling rack, and let the excess drip onto the baking sheet.