Loaded with everything you could ask for – and all of which I snagged from my favorite Santa Monica farmers market. It’s exactly what I want for lunch or dinner every day for the rest of the season. You could add some grilled chicken or salmon on top, perhaps a few pieces of shrimp, or steak. The possibilities are endless. You could also forgo the protein and just stick to the base salad like I’m posting below. It’s perfection and to be honest, it doesn’t need anything else!
Rock the power salad this year and you’ll feel fab!
- 3+ cups market lettuce, any variety will work
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 6 scallions
- 2 ears corn on the cob
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup Blistered Tomatoes and Herbs
- crumbled goat cheese
For the Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- Arrange the greens and mint on a large serving bowl.
- Preheat an outdoor grill over medium high heat. Drizzle the the scallions and corn with olive oil and place them on the grill and let char. The scallions will need 1-2 minutes and the corn 6-8. Once grill marks are present, remove from the grill. Slice the scallions into 1 inch pieces and remove the corn from the sob.
- Add the grilled vegetables to the serving platter along with the avocado, blistered tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese. Toss everything together and serve with the Lemon Vinaigrette served on the side